Boundless Icon Font
This is an automated system to develop an icon webfont from all .svg files present in the "svg" folder.
It depends on FontCustom.
- All colors will be rendered identically — including white fills.
- Make transparent colors solid. SVGs with transparency will be skipped.
- For greater precision, prefer fills to strokes (especially if your icon includes curves).
- Keep your icon within a square viewBox. Font Custom scales each SVG to fit a 512x512 canvas with a baseline at 448.
- Setting autowidth to true trims horizontal white space from each glyph. This can be much easier than centering dozens of SVGs by hand.
- See screenshot for .svg export specs. Imprortant: export all SVGs as same size (512x512)
$ brew install fontforge eot-utils ttfautohint $ gem install fontcustom
- Add, or remove .svg files to/from the svg folder
fontcustom compilefrom this directory
- Visit the styleguide folder to preview your font in the browser.
- Assuming your www repo is in the same directory as boundless-icon-font, simply run
- Commit and push changes to this repo or the next person to alter boundless-icon-font will create conflicts!
- Config file is
fontcustom.yml. These config settings will only be loaded if the fontcustom command is run while in this directory.