It is basically a collection of tools that make developing in for SQL Server in SSDT better or easier. If anyone has any ideas for a tool that they would find useful please feel free to fork it on github and add it.
For full details of what this is see: https://the.agilesql.club/Projects/SSDT-Dev-Pack
For help open an issue or use the gitter room.
The first one is MergeUi which basically (as you might imagine) puts a gui around merger statements in post deployment scripts to make it simple to deploy static or reference data with an SSDT project
- Re-write unnamed primary keys into named table constraints
- Create tSQLt schemas (classes) including the extended property everyone always forgets
- Take a stored procedure or tvf and create a tSQLt test for it including faking every take in the procedure and creating the parameters needed for the procedure and calling it
- When developing a stored procedure (or tvf) configure a connection to a database with realistic statistics and have high costing queries hightlighted so it is easy to see queries that will cause issues (not a 100% catch all obviously)
- Re-write non sargable isnulls into sargable searches
- T-Sql Clippy (automatic re-writes, != into <>, name ordinals in order by etc)