Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
- How to run
- Update jEveAssets to a new version
- Sort columns
- Settings location
- jEveAssets will not run
- File Lock
- Add Character/Corporation
- Asking for help
How to run
Double click on
in terminal run:
java -jar /path/to/jEveAssets/jeveassets.jar
where "path/to" is the path on your computer to the jeveassets directory
cd to jEveAssets directory and run:
java -jar jeveassets.jar
Update jEveAssets to a new version
Simply overwrite all the old files with the new ones. Your settings and assets will stay untouched.
You need to double click to sort a new column. A single click will sub-sort the column.
Add the command line argument: -portable
java -jar jeveassets.jar -portable
Replace USERNAME with your username
XP: C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\.jeveassets\
Vista and later: C:\Users\USERNAME\.jeveassets\
jEveAssets will not run
Re-download jEveAssets (jEveAsset can get corrupted doing download)
- Download jEveAssets
- Double click on jeveasset.jar
Re-install java (old versions of java are bad)
File locks are necessary to prevent file corruption.
If jEveAssets is forcefully terminated while reading/writing a file, the file will never be unlocked.
This prevent jEveAssets from accessing the file.
- Close all instances of jEveAssets (You can restart your computer to be 100% sure all instances of jEveAssets is closed)
- Run a single instance of jEveAssets (This will delete all existing file locks)
Note: step 1 and 2 can be skipped if you run jEveAssets for the first time.
- Go to
(Corporation) Click the
Characterbutton and select
Scopesand select the scopes you want to use
Note: jEveAssets will have limited functionality if you do not select all scopes.
- The Eve SSO web page should open on your browser
Authorizeon the web page
- Return to jEveAssets and wait for the import process to finish
- If you get an error see: API Key Troubleshooting
API Key Troubleshooting
Solutions to common errors while importing API Keys
Invalid API Proxy.
- In the menu select:
Enable API Proxyor make sure
API Proxy Addressis set correct.
If you're behind a proxy server, you need to enable it in jEveAssets.
- In the menu select:
- Select your
Direct= No proxy server
HTTP= Http proxy server
SOCKS= Socks proxy server
- Enter your
Firewall blocks Java
- Disable your firewall (at your own risk...)
- Import API Keys in jEveAssets
- Enable your firewall
If you succeed, you need to add a firewall exception for Java (Please contact your firewall provider, for additional help)
API is down
- Check if the API is down
- Wait until it's back up...
API is unstable
Try a couple of times (Press
Previous to retry...)
This is a CCP API Error. Feel free to ask for help (please include the error code)
I give up...
No problem! if you have tried everything above, please send a bug report
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following:
- The jeveassets.log in the settings location
- Instructions on how to reproduce the bug
Asking for help
If nothing of the above solve your problem.
- Make a post in the forum thread
- Please include the following information: Operation System and Java version (if you know)
I'll do my best to help you.