This software is in beta stages. Please report any bugs you encounter!
- A C++11 compiler
- LibMidifile (submodule)
- GooCore (submodule)
- HOWL (submodule)
- LibMagic (optional)
Build and Installation
Lightpad has four executables: main, timeline, midiprobe, and midiout. Main is just what it sounds like, it's the main application, bringing together all of it's features. Timeline is a teast program to demo the timeline on it's own. Midiprobe and midiout focus specifically on MIDI connectivity, with the first providing a list of available MIDI I/O ports, and the second playing a test file to the Launchpad, while also telling a pressed button to pulse a random color.
Lightpad utilizes CMake as it's buildscript. To compile and run Lightpad, type the following commands:
mkdir build cd build cmake .. && make -j8 ./bin/lightpad[.exe] ./bin/timeline[.exe] ./bin/midiprobe[.exe] ./bin/midiout[.exe]
(Work In Progress List)
- Fast switching between projects and files
- Looping animation playback
- On-screen Launchpad to emulate animations
- Connectivity with a physical Launchpad
- RGB color to closest velocity match
- Automatic saving (not implemented yet)
- Integration with Exige's MIDI Extension
- Export to a new Ableton Live project (not implemented yet)
- More to come!
The software is mainly developed on a 2016 MacBook Pro (touch bar), 2.7GHz Intel i7 with Integrated Graphics and a Radeon Pro 460 (4GB VRAM). The program is not using the GPU as of yet, which lets us emulate a less powerful machine using CPU rendering.
Supported Operating Systems: