Getting Started with Compute Engine and the Google Python Client Library
Google Compute Engine features a RESTful API that allows developers to run virtual machines in the cloud. This sample python command-line application demonstrates how to access the Compute Engine API using the Google Python API Client Library.
curl https://sdk.cloud.google.com | bash gcloud auth login gcloud config set project your-project-id
- Install dependencies using pip
pip install -r requirements.txt
Running the sample
The sample will:
- Create an instance with a start up script and metadata.
- Print out the URL where the modified image will be written.
- Waits for input from the user and then delete the instance.
The start up script executes these steps on the instance:
- Installs Image Magick on the machine.
- Downloads the image from the URL provided in the metadata.
- Adds the text provided in the metadata to the image.
- Copies the edited image to Cloud Storage.
- See CONTRIBUTING.md
- See LICENSE