RESTful Web Services for FileMaker Server
RESTfm turns a FileMaker Server into a RESTful Web Service, so you can access your FileMaker Server databases via HTTP using a common REST architecture with easy to understand API calls.
RESTfm Installation and Programming Interface Manual: http://restfm.com/manual
RESTfm is Copyright (c) 2011-2017 Goya Pty Ltd, and is licensed under The MIT License. For full copyright and license information, please see the LICENSE file distributed with this package.
Officially packaged releases are the quickest way to start, are available in tar and zip formats, and may be downloaded from the "releases" link at the top of the github repository: https://github.com/GoyaPtyLtd/RESTfm/releases
Note: The officially packaged releases are called
(Please don't be confused by the links to "Source code" that GitHub always includes. "Source code" has not gone through the "build" process, and requires additional configuration to get working.)
The installation process is described in the online RESTfm manual: http://www.restfm.com/restfm-manual/install
Product support is available via paid sponsorship: http://restfm.com/help
Using the master branch of RESTfm from GitHub.
The master branch hosted on GitHub is considered stable, and packaged releases are built from this branch at intervals. With a little extra configuration, it is possible to run RESTfm directly from a git repository clone.
- A webserver (Apache >= 2.2, or IIS >= 7.0) with write access to the document directory.
- FileMaker Server 11 or above is required, but does not need to reside on the same machine as RESTfm.
- PHP version 5.3 or above.
- If running Apache, configure with
AllowOverride Allfor the RESTfm directory so that
Setup example suitable for OS X/Linux
cd /<your web doc dir> git clone https://github.com/GoyaPtyLtd/RESTfm.git cd RESTfm cp RESTfm.ini.php.dist RESTfm.ini.php cp .htaccess.dist .htaccess cp -a FileMaker.dist FileMaker
- When setting up on IIS, also ensure
web.config.distis copied to
- Use a browser to see if RESTfm needs further configuration: http://example.com/RESTfm/report.php
- Refer to the RESTfm manual for further configuration information: http://restfm.com/manual
Bug reports are welcome via the GitHub issue tracker: https://github.com/GoyaPtyLtd/RESTfm/issues