This Adobe Brackets extension allows you to easily create and use your own template files. It adds a new "Template" menu item to the main menu bar which lists any template files you create. Templates can be of any file type supported by Brackets.
- From the "Template" menu item, select "Open Templates Folder..."
- Add any file type supported by Brackets.
- Restart Brackets to see updated files.
Optionally, you can find some templates here.
- From the "Template" menu item, select your desired template file.
- Template files are sorted by type.
- Once a file is selected, you will be presented with the following options:
- Create Untitled Document
- Overwrite Current Document
Edit Template Path
- Upon first installing this extension, you will be asked to select a folder to load your templates from.
- If ever you need to edit the folders path, you can find it in your preference file.
In the Brackets Extension Manager, either:
- Search for Any Template
- Use the "install from URL" option and paste in
Restart Brackets after install.
- Improve support for hidden files.
- Improve support for files with no extension.
- Fix issue where an error occurs when attempting to use a template when no working files are open.
- Update "Overwrite Current Document" logic to only support files of the same type.
- Fix issue with how files with no extension are handled when adding the extension to newly created untitled files (see v2.4.0).
- Make code more DRY.
- Add file extensions to newly created untitled files (so that code hinting and formatting works).
- Brackets 1.9 now supports language mode changing on untitled files.
- Babelify logic to ES5 (in order to support certain Linux distributions).
- Support files with no extension.
- Handle cases where the templates folder no longer exists.
- Update counter logic for when creating untitled documents.
- Counter now updates on the "workingSetAdd" event.
- Starting file counter at 10 so to better avoid Brackets "duplicated in mru list" issue.
- Rewrite logic to allow users to choose their own template path.
- Clean up code.
- Replace deprecated Brackets method with new one.
- Hard set menu item location.
- Fix issue where Brackets throws an error if an untitled file has an extension.
- Due to this limitation, I no longer set a file type, so code hinting will not work until the file is saved.
- Rename module titles.
- Initial release.
Copyright (c) 2016 - 2017 Leandro Silva (http://grafluxe.com)
Released under the MIT License.
See LICENSE.md for entire terms.