DEPRECATED: This project is discontinued. It may or may not work with your current Graylog version. The functionality it provides is now part of the live-tail feature of Graylog.
Graylog2 Stream Dashboard
Getting started for users
- Download the latest package from the releases page.
app/index.htmlin your browser and follow the configuration wizard to connect the stream dashboard to a
Important (Read this!)
- Everything is running in your browser and your browser does AJAX calls against
graylog2-server. This means that the browser needs direct access to the
graylog2-serverREST APIs. (Usually port 12900)
- Google Chrome does not allow those REST connections from webpages that were opened as files from disk. Serve the
appfolder from a simple HTTP server or use another browser. Another way for Google Chrome is to start it with
--disable-web-security, but we obviously do not recommend that.
- You have to enable CORS support in
graylog2-server. Put this in your
rest_enable_cors=true(Learn more about CORS)
- This is only compatible from Graylog2 v0.20.0 (not any preview or RC versions) on.
- Refreshing the message list stops per default when the browser window is out of focus, to prevent unnecessary round trips to the server. If you do not want this behaviour, go to "Settings" and disable the checkbox right next to "Disable refresh when window out of focus?".
The first setup can be as easy as this but we recommend hosting it in some webserver:
lennart $ wget https://github.com/Graylog2/graylog2-stream-dashboard/releases/download/0.90/graylog2-stream-dashboard-0.90.0.tgz lennart $ tar xvfz graylog2-stream-dashboard-0.90.0.tgz lennart $ cd graylog2-stream-dashboard-0.90.0/app lennart $ open index.html