This project provides tools for storing Bookmarks from popular browsers in a PostgreSQL database.
Goals, i.e. Why Do This?
- Easy maintenance of Bookmark Organization
- Deduplicate links where cross-referencing not desired
- Correct and optimize tags and folders
- Merge in bookmarks from different browsers and sessions
- Include subsets of bookmarks on selected web pages
- Serve latest matching bookmarks
- Private and Secure Sync
- Replace proprietary, unreliable and primitive syncing systems
- Smart Social Bookmarking
- Multiple users sync to same database
- Users select what to share by Folder and Tag
- Full SQL Queries for Bookmarks
- What would this let you do?
- ALMOST DONE: Translate Netscape/Firefox/Google-Chrome saved bookmark files into PostgreSQL SQL using XSLT.
- Dedup & merge all bookmarks using SQL
- Recreate a saved bookmark file using SQL & XSLT
- Write SQL scripts to maintain links
- Write SQL scripts to share selected links, e.g. on web pages
- Write Browser add-ons to update bookmarks directly with the database