#About The Qt Creator plugin for basic support of D programming language.
The plugin provides some features for comfortable code editing and programming using D language such as code completion, indention, syntax highlighting, etc.
Any help with development, testing and debugging will be highly appreciated.
- Syntax highlighting (via QtCreator's Generic Highlighter)
- Code completion (via DCD or Dasted)
- Calltips (via DCD or Dasted)
- Follow symbol (via DCD or Dasted)
- Documentation hints (via DCD)
- Outline (via Dasted)
- Symbol locator (via Dasted)
- Context help (via .qch file with ID prepender "D/", can be generated by dlang-qch, for example like Phobos reference)
- Class view for project/current document
- Tooltip with symbol information
- Highlight selected symbol in current document
Copy the plugin shared library and pluginspec file into local Qt Creator plugin directory:
- $HOME/.local/share/data/QtProject/qtcreator/plugins/$QTCREATOR_VERSION/ on Linux.
- %LOCALAPPDATA%\QtProject\qtcreator\plugins$QTCREATOR_VERSION\ for windows.
- ~/Library/Application Support/QtProject/Qt Creator/plugins/$QTCREATOR_VERSION/ on Mac.
You can also set the plugin directory for Qt Creator using command line argument
Run Qt Creator and enable the plugin on
Help -> About Plugins page. Restart Qt Creator.
- clone the project.
git submodule update --init
qmake && makeor open dlangeditor.pro in the Qt Creator and build the project from IDE. Most likely (if you are not using Archlinux) you should set QTC_SOURCE and/or QTC_BUILD variables for qmake for QtCreator's sources and libraries correspondingly. It can be done with the following syntax:
qmake "QTC_SOURCE=$MY_QTCREATOR_SOURCE_PATH" "QTC_BUILD=$MY_QTCREATOR_LIB_PATH"
- if successful, the plugin shared library will appear in local plugin directory:
- $HOME/.local/share/data/QtProject/qtcreator/plugins/$QTCREATOR_VERSION/ on Linux
- ~/Library/Application Support/QtProject/Qt Creator/plugins/$QTCREATOR_VERSION/ on Mac
- on Mac OS X: run
fix_mac.sh $PATH_TO_PLUGIN/libDlangEditor.dylibto fix rpath constants (a mess with system Qt libraries and QtCreator's internal Qt libraries).
- Qt >= 5.5.0
- Qt Creator >= 3.6.0 (QtC's sources and binaries can be found at the official download page)
#Implementation notes Code completion (code model) is supported via DCD (D Completion Daemon by Brian Schott) or Dasted (~fork of DCD that is developing specially for this plugin). Dasted is a recommended code model to use.