Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
What’s new in 1.0?
- Remade all textures and added multiple alternative player and background textures
- Added sound effects
- Added touch controls to menus
- Added a “simplified” control scheme
- Made the snake move much more smoothly
- Streamlined the difficulty options to ‘Casual’ and ‘Hardcore’
- Updated livearea with art by Catter
In this version you can finally lose by biting your tongue, which means this can now be classified as a "video game" cool. Have fun!
No new features or things done, just a little cleanup. The game's textures are now properly destroyed at exit, and drawing the score was moved to the Collectable's renderScore() method.
For now the game doesn't have a losing condition, so you can collect as many apples as you want, each apple collected makes the snake longer, like in the classic snake game.
- The current snake length limit is 255, any longer will crash the game
- fix the body parts following logic, so that they travel the same path as the head
- add a losing condition (biting the tail)
- add a main menu, pause menu and a game over screen/menu