Current version: 2.9.
This script works as a browser extension to download any video on Arte website.
Go to a video on Arte website and you should see buttons under a video:
- Select the language and the quality.
- Download the video and its description.
NB: If your browser open the MP4 video in a new tab: save it (CTRL+S) and close the tab.
For livestreams, you can either:
- Download directly the MP4 video if available.
- Open VLC > Open its convert tool (CTRL+R) > Network tab > Copy the link > Convert/Save the video.
Step 1 : Install a script manager
- [Firefox users] Install the Greasemonkey script manager.
- [Chrome users] Install the Tampermonkey script manager.
- [Opera users] Install the Violent monkey script manager.
Step 2 : Install the script
- Go to arte-downloader.user.js: Install and you're all set!
Note To get the latest version: either update through your script manager, or redo step 2 ;-)
Why should I use this script ? If you often travel with poor Internet connections, now you can download videos to watch them later.
Why www.arte.tv ? ARTE is an amazing place for culture. If you don't have a TV : ARTE website is the only way to watch it. About ARTE: http://www.arte.tv/sites/en/arte-europe/about/ TV Broadcast: http://reception.arte.tv/