What Argon is?
Argon is a noble gas. "Argon" comes from Greek "Argon", neuter of "argos" meaning lazy , idle or inactive. Argon recieved this name because of its chemical inactivity.
Argon NX is an immutable payload which is injected to your Nintendo Switch via Fusee Gelee exploit.
The purpose of Argon NX is to stay immutable, so you can always inject it, without caring about other payloads getting updated (Always use ArgonNX for TegraSmash, TegraGUI, TrinkedM0...).
How can it be immutable?
When Argon NX is injected, it automatically launches the
payload.bin loacted at
argon directory on your SD Card root.
payload.bin is not present or VOLUME DOWN button is pressed on payload injection, Argon NX will list all payloads located at
argon/payloads, and you will be able to select one of them to launch it.
- Autolaunch/autochainload the payload named
argondirectory in your sd card root.
argon/payload.binis not found or
VOLUME_DOWN_BUTTONis held during ArgonNX injection, ArgonNX will list all the payloads located at
argon/payloads, so you can select one of them to launch it.
- Customize payloads' logos. Logos must be smaller or equal than 200x200. Example:
argon ├───logos │ default.bmp # Default logo (logo for all payloads) │ fusee-primary.bmp # Logo for fusee-primary.bin payload │ └───payloads fusee-primary.bin ReiNX.bin # Will be rendered using default logo
- Custom backgrounds can be added by placing
argondirectory. The background must be smaller or equal than 1280x720.
- Custom titles can be added by placing
argondirectory. There is not a specific size for title.
- Take screenshots to share your ArgonNX gui.
- FULL touch support. Thanks to @pixel-stuck
About BMP format
The only format supported is BMP 32 bit ARGB color. The color used for transparency is #1D1919.
This image was captured with the screenshot feature.
The layout of files on the sd card for this image:
argon ├─── payloads │ Atmosphere.bin │ ReiNX.bin │ fusee-gelee.bin │ hekate.bin │ SXOS.bin │ ├─── logos | Atmosphere.bmp | Reinx.bmp | hekate.bmp | SXOS.bmp | ├─── background.bmp └─── title.bmp
ArgonNX can use minerva dram training to improve performance.
The use of minerva is optional but recommended. To use minerva just place the compiled
argon/sys. The directory
argon/sys with minerva, is included in
sd-files.zip in the release section.
This payload will launch any CFW.
It has not been tested with TeamXecuter SXOS payload, but it should launch that too.
- Touch input
- Kind of config file
- Change font
- devkitPro for the devkitA64 toolchain.
- naehrwert and st4rk for the original hekate project and its hwinit code base.
- CTCaer for the continued hekate and his minerva project.
- xalgovia and Retrogamer 74 for the splash and logos. Also thanks them to use ArgonNX in RetroReloaded.
- langerhans for his implementation of partial touch support.
- D3fau4 for touch support testing.