My slides from ASP.NET 5 - what we should take into account at .NET Conf PL.
beta 8 of ASP.NET 5 is required, beta 7 and RC will not work
To run samples 1-4 can be executed from VS 2015, but run it under kestrel not IIS Express (issue with environment settings). All taghelper samples are env specific, so play around with it - dev/prod/staging. You can jump between demos of taghelper by changing layouts:
- _layout - default sample, just pure .net taghelpers
- _layout_alt - custom script taghelper that will detect env
- _layout_alt2 - custom taghelper that will set active state of link
To run sample 5:
dnu commands install Microsoft.Dnx.Watcher
- in first command line window (preferable git bash)
- in second command line window (preferable git bash)
- browser should be started on port 3000 or smth like that. not 5000!
- now you should be able to play around with code and have browser in sync with changes