An effort to provide awesome documentation for the RubyGems ecosystem.
- Be the definitive place for RubyGems knowledge
- Help out those new to RubyGems get started and get things done
- Make it easy to contribute more guides
Want to help?
If a guide is empty, start filling it out! Or, make a new one! Pull requests are gladly accepted!
- Port content from docs.rubygems.org
- Port content from rubygems.org/pages/docs
- Port content from help.rubygems.org knowledge base
- Find lots of StackOverflow/ruby-talk questions and get their common answers in here
- Fill out more guides!
Make sure you have jekyll installed (
gem install jekyll), and run:
$ jekyll --server
The pages will be available at http://localhost:4000/
Every guide except for the Command and Specification Reference is just a straight up markdown page, so just go edit it!
For the Command Guide (
$ rake command_guide
For the Specification Guide, the documentation comes directly from the
Gem::Specification class in RubyGems. Edit it, set your
where your code directory is, and run:
$ RUBYGEMS_DIR=~/Dev/ruby/rubygems rake spec_guide --trace
The actual content of the articles is licensed under Creative Commons. The code that this project consists of is licensed under MIT.