A CMake-based fork of the GPLv3-licensed CyanWorlds.com Engine (Headspin/Plasma), with a focus on bug-fixes, cross-platform compatibility, and enhanced features.
For more information on Myst Online, see http://mystonline.com/developers/
- dirtsand - An open-source Plasma-compatible server project.
- moul-assets - MOUL game assets repository.
Plasma currently requires the following third-party libraries:
- NVIDIA PhysX 4.1 - https://github.com/NVIDIAGameWorks/PhysX
- Python 3.8 (or higher) - https://www.python.org/downloads/
- libOgg and libVorbis - http://www.xiph.org/downloads/
- OpenSSL - http://www.slproweb.com/products/Win32OpenSSL.html
- OpenAL Soft - https://openal-soft.org/
- eXpat - http://expat.sourceforge.net/
- Freetype - http://freetype.org/
- libJPEG-turbo - http://libjpeg-turbo.virtualgl.org/
- libPNG - http://www.libpng.org/
- zlib - http://zlib.net/
- libcurl - http://curl.haxx.se/
- string_theory - http://github.com/zrax/string_theory/
- Standalone ASIO - https://think-async.com/Asio/
The following libraries are optional:
- (for building resource.dat) CairoSVG - https://cairosvg.org/
- (for building resource.dat) Pillow - https://python-pillow.org/
- (for the GUI tools) Qt - http://www.qt.io/download-open-source/
- (for experimental OpenGL support) epoxy - https://github.com/anholt/libepoxy
- (for Linux font support) fontconfig - https://www.fontconfig.org/
- (for video) VPX - http://www.webmproject.org/
- (for video and voice chat) Opus - http://www.opus-codec.org/
- (for legacy voice chat) speex - http://www.speex.org/downloads/
All required libraries are available as vcpkg ports or can be built using their individual build instructions.
Compiling & Running Instructions
You can also download pre-built artifacts from our last successful automated build on GitHub.
- Myst Online is available to play for free at http://mystonline.com/play/
- This code was forked from the initial release repository at OpenUru.org.
There are lots of opportunities to get involved! Find out how you can get involved and help improve Uru for everyone.
About Non-Free Libraries
This software uses some non-free libraries for which exceptions appear in the source code license inserts. It is suggested that anyone who thinks of doing substantial further work on this program should first free it from dependence on the non-free libraries so that it does the same job without the non-free libraries. Further introduction of non-free libraries likely would require a revised license and thus permission from all contributors to the codebase. That being problematic, any additional non-free libraries are unlikely to be accepted by Cyan Worlds or the development community.
This product includes software developed by the OpenSSL Project for use in the OpenSSL Toolkit (http://www.openssl.org/). This product includes cryptographic software written by Eric A. Young (email@example.com). This product includes software written by Tim J. Hudson (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Independent JPEG Group (IJG) JPEG Library
This software is based in part on the work of the Independent JPEG Group.