HHS Introduction to Programming
Please review the course expectations.
Following is a tentative list of online tutorials and assignments (or "challenges) for the course. Please see the course expectations for a description of how completion of Level I, II and III programming challenges affect your grade in this course.
No credit is directly awarded for completing tutorials, but you will probably find that they are essential for understanding and completing the related challenges. In addition, review questions in the tutorials will be used as the basis for many of the tests in the course.
- Tutorial: Introduction to the Runpython Console.
- Tutorial: Introduction to Github and Runpython.
- LEVEL I: Hello, world
- LEVEL I: Hello, friend
- Tutorial: Simple graphics programming with ggame.
- LEVEL I: Draw a Picture
- Tutorial: Lists and sequences using Runpython Console.
- LEVEL I: Calculate Pi
- Tutorial: Programmed Graphics
- LEVEL I: Plotting Sine and Cosine
- Tutorial: Conditionals using Runpython
- LEVEL I: Birthday Problem
- Tutorial: Looping using Runpython
- LEVEL I: Multiplication Table
- LEVEL II: FizzBuzz
- Tutorial: More Graphics: Assets and Looping.
- LEVEL II: String Jumble
- LEVEL II: Character Distribution
- LEVEL II: Cryptography
- Tutorial: Dictionaries and Classes.
- Tutorial: Advanced Graphics with Classes.
- LEVEL III: Conway's Game of Life.
- LEVEL III: Platformer Game.
- LEVEL III: Space Shooter.
- FINAL PROJECT: What would you like to do?