Google Docs Add-on
This sample explores the possibility of an add-on to Google Docs.
Using this sample requires you to build a Google Docs add-on, the details of which I will not explore here. If you are interested in building a Google Docs addon for Content Manager contact me (David Churchland) as I am happy to discuss my experiences building this sample. A summary of the setup is:
- set-up a publically available Content Manager server (with Web Client and ServiceAPI installed)
- secure your server using HTTPS and ensure it can be accessed using a domain name (not IP address)
- configre Google authentication on your server
- create a new Google Docs addon (as per here)
- paste the files appsscript.json, sidebar.html, existing_record_sidebar.html and code.gs into the corresponding files in the addon project
- update the URls in both files to match those of your ServiceAPI server
To configure Google OAuth first follow the steps for the OAuth add-on, then:
- from your open App Scripts project select 'Resources > Cloud Platform Project'
- click the link to open the associated project
- fmom the menu choose 'APIs & services > credentials
- take note of the Client ID
- in the ServiceAPI web.config add the below XML inside the appSettings, inserting your client ID
<add key="oauth.GoogleOAuthApp.ConsumerKey" value="[Client ID]"/> <add key="oauth.GoogleOAuthApp.ClientId" value="[Client ID]"/>