This repository contains the teaching material and notes for the UNIX-based (bash) command line.
Planning for current class
This class is conducted mostly extemporaneously typing and executing commands (live) in the class while explaining them. Following links provide a good starting point for basic concepts and commands:
Learning goals for this module
- To know the terminal/bash/command line for UNIX based systems.
- Navigate the file system without using a UI explorer.
- Copy, rename and move files with terminal commands.
- Learn output redirection, piping on the terminal.
- Write basic shell scripts to ease the programming life.