Learn about the third party APIs and open source code that make our APIs possible and where your citation data comes from.
We use the following third party APIs:
- The Movie Database (TMDb) APIs - Returns metadata for movies
- Google Books API - Returns metadata for books
- Apple iTunes API - Returns metadata for podcasts, music, and tv shows
We use the following open-source libraries:
- Citation Style Language - Community-created and standardized citation styles
- CiteProc-JS - Processes CSL-JSON data to return HTML format citation