Web Publication Manifest
This space is now dedicated to examples and experiments around the Web Publication Manifest.
A live demo of a Web Publication is available at: https://hadriengardeur.github.io/webpub-manifest/examples/MobyDick/index.html
The manifest for this demo is available at: https://hadriengardeur.github.io/webpub-manifest/examples/MobyDick/manifest.json
Additional demos are also available:
- Moby-Dick with progressive enhancements can also be tested at: https://hadriengardeur.github.io/webpub-manifest/examples/progressive-enhancements/index.html
- a simple Web App for reading Web Publications is available at: https://hadriengardeur.github.io/webpub-manifest/examples/viewer/
A number of related Github projects implement the Web Publication Manifest such as:
- Web Publication JS for progressive enhancements on a Web Publication
- Web Publication Viewer for a simple iframe-based viewer with offline support
- the Readium 2 Streamer module outputs a Web Publication Manifest. A Go version and a Swift version are currently in development.
In addition to this specification, two other specifications define more specialized profiles for Web Publications:
While both Audiobook Manifest and Comics Manifest are valid Web Publication Manifests, they offer the ability for dedicated apps to identify them, and also provide additional navigation capabilities that are specific to audiobooks/comics.