EXAMPLE SETUP FOR OS X MAMP ENVIRONMENT (MAMP v2.0.5)
Disclaimer: the configuration provided below is intended for a sandbox environment only. Do not use this for production.
- Get the source
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:jazahn/Quizmo.git Quizmo cd Quizmo git submodule init git submodule update
- Add the following section to your Apache vhosts config
<VirtualHost *:80> ServerName quizmo.harvard.edu DocumentRoot "/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/Quizmo/quizmo" <Directory /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/Quizmo/quizmo> Options All AllowOverride All Order deny,allow Deny from all Allow from 127.0.0.1 localhost </Directory> </VirtualHost>
- Uncomment the Include line for vhosts in
# Virtual hosts Include /Applications/MAMP/conf/apache/extra/httpd-vhosts.conf
- Update your
- Open the MAMP control panel. Go to Preferences... then Ports and set the Apache port to 80 and the mysql port to 3306. Click OK. (Or just click the "Set to default Apache and MySQL ports" button)
- Click Start Servers in the MAMP control panel. The Apache Server and MySQL Server status should become green.
- Add the following line to your .profile to add the php to your PATH:
- Run the following shell script to install the application (setup config, create schema, etc):
- Now try to run the tests
cd /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/Quizmo/quizmo/protected/tests phpunit unit
- If there were no errors in the install process, you should now be able to open http://quizmo.harvard.edu/ in your web browser, at which point you will be prompted to login.
The following third party libraries are bundled with the application:
- rc4crypt. RC4Crypt is a petite library that allows you to use RC4 encryption easily in PHP. GPLv2 license.
- smarty templates
- facebook sdk
- twitter bootstrap