This is the repository for the HODP Week 3 Data Scraping Bootcamp.
Here's what you need to do:
- Ignore demo_scraping.ipynb, that's for us to demonstrate what scraping looks like, you don't need to change anything there!
- Open regex101.com and copy the text from sample_text.txt into the test string box.
- Make sure your flavour (on the left hand side of the page) is set to Python.
- Feel free to refer to the useful reesources listed below during the bootcamp!
- Regex reference sheet: https://www.regular-expressions.info/quickstart.html or http://www.rexegg.com/regex-quickstart.html#ref
- Most of the Regex lessons were taken from https://regexone.com/, definitely return to them if you need a refresher/want more lessons.
- Great tutorial on how to use BeautifulSoup: https://www.datacamp.com/community/tutorials/web-scraping-using-python