HeeksCAD is an open source, CAD application based on OpenCASCADE
Best known as the CAD in HeeksCNC ( CAD/CAM software ) see http://sites.google.com/site/heekscad/
- Import solid models from STEP and IGES files.
- Draw construction geometry and lines and arcs.
- Create new primitive solids, or make solids by extruding a sketch or
- by making a lofted solid between sketches.
- Modify solids using blending, or boolean operations.
- Save IGES, STEP and STL.
- Printer plot the 2D geometry or to HPGL.
- Import and export dxf files; lines, arcs, ellipses, splines and polylines are supported.
See here for instruction how to use HeeksCAD.
HeeksCAD can be translated into any language. There are currently English, German, French and Italian translations.
HeeksCAD has been built for Windows, Ubuntu, Debian, and OpenSUSE.
See the Wiki tab for details
There are packages for Ubuntu:
New BSD License.
This means you can take all my work and use it for your own commercial application. Do what you want with it. It uses wxWidgets and Open CASCADE. Any changes to wxWidgets or Open CASCADE are subject to their licenses.
The best thing to do is use the discussion group: http://groups.google.com/group/heekscad-users
or if you are helping to develop the software use this group: http://groups.google.com/group/heekscad-devel
You might also want to join the #cam IRC channel on freenode where most of the HeeksCAD developers hang out.
This #cam IRC channel is logged at http://camlog.archivist.info/
Dan Heeks: email@example.com