The Hurraki Android App
What is the Hurraki App for?
With this app you can use the Easy-to-read dictionary on your mobile device. For example:
- Take the plain language dictionary everywhere you want
- save articles
- read plain language articles without a internet connection
You can download the app at Google Play
Ok. But what is Hurraki for?
Hurraki is a dictionary in Plain Language. Many written and spoken words are complicated. Some people don`t understand difficult words and text. With Plain Language, everybody can understand. Plain Language should be available in many languages. Anyone with Web access can join Hurraki. Join Hurraki and help people to understand. Right now the Dictionary is available in three languages. (English, Spanish and German.) Also Hurraki is a great way to start to learn a new language.
For more information:
- 10 Ways To Find Simple German Texts and Stories For Beginners Online
- 20 Resources for Beginners’ German Reading Practice
- European standards for making information easy to read and understand
Thank you for wanting to contribute to making the Hurraki App awesome.
Add more functions
This is the first version of the Hurraki App. And its a great way to use Hurraki on your mobile device. The Hurraki dictionary runs with mediawiki. Mediawiki is constantly upadted. So should this app. You are welcome to upadate this app. For inspiration have a look at the wikipedia app.
- Translation for this readme. Since Hurraki is available in Espanol and German as well, this readme should be translated in Espanol and German.
- Translation for the Google Play Store. There is still a description site in Spanish missing
You have a idea what the Hurraki App would make better. Or you found something you dont like about the Hurraki App. Post your idea in Issues.
Other ways to contribute
You are not a programmer but like the idea of Plain Language and Easy-to-read.