Browser extension that makes GitHub a better Social Network
Whether we like it or not, GitHub is de-facto the Social Network for programmers. Let's make it less anti-social.
My hope is that GitHub will notice and implement some of these much needed improvements. So if you like any of these improvements, please email GitHub support about doing it.
GitHub Enterprise is also supported. More info in the options.
- Chrome extension
- Firefox add-on
- Opera extension: Use this Opera extension to install the Chrome version.
|See stargazers you know||See followers you know|
|Reaction avatars showing who reacted to a comment||See suggested profiles|
|See if a person is following you||TBD|
More info at a glance
- Show followers you know
- Suggest similar user profiles
- Show stargazers you know
And many more…
We're happy to receive suggestions and contributions, but be aware this is a highly opinionated project. There's a very high bar for adding options. Users will always disagree with something. That being said, we're open to discussing things. If something doesn't make the cut, you can build your customized Friendly GitHub locally, rather than installing it from the Chrome Store.
- Refined GitHub - Improves GitHub
- Awesome browser extensions for GitHub - Awesome list
- Octo Linker - Navigate across files and packages
- Notifier for GitHub - Shows your notification unread count
- Do Not Merge WIP for GitHub - Prevents merging of incomplete PRs
- Contributors on GitHub - Shows stats about contributors
- Hide Files on GitHub - Hides dotfiles from the file browser
- Twitter for GitHub - Shows a user's Twitter handle on their profile page
- OctoEdit - Markdown syntax highlighting in comments
- GitHub Custom Tab Size - Set custom tab size for code views (Friendly GitHub hard-codes it to 4)
- Show All GitHub Issues - Shows both Issues and Pull Requests in the Issues tab
- Notifications Preview for GitHub - See your notifications on hover on all pages
- Refined Twitter - Improves Twitter
- GitHub Issue Link Status - Colorize issue and PR links to see their status (open, closed, merged)
- GitHub Follow - Follow file renames on GitHub