Neovim client library and GUI, in Qt5.
You can build using CMake and your build system of choice. It should build in any system where Qt5 and Msgpack can build.
For Unix call
$ mkdir build $ cd build $ cmake .. $ make
for Windows both MSVC and Mingw are supported. Use the following
$ mkdir build $ cd build $ cmake .. $ cmake --build .
The binaries will be under build/bin/. The GUI binary is called nvim-qt.
The NeovimConnector class is used to setup the connection to Neovim. It also provides you with low level methods for RPC - in general you should be using the signals/slots in the QObject returned by NeovimConnector::neovimObject()
- To call a function call the corresponding slot
- The result of the call is delivered by the corresponding signal, by convention these signals are named 'on_' + slot_name
- The Neovim() class is automagically generated from the Neovim metadata
- For Neovim functions that take the Object type we use QVariant
- To catch Neovim Notifications connect to the Neovim::neovimNotification signal
To Update the RPC bindings
Part of the code is auto-generated by calling Neovim to get the API metadata, and generating C++ code. This is done using a python script (generate_bindings.py) if you just want to use neovim-qt as is you don't need to worry about this, I already include the generated code in the repository.
The bindings source templates are stored under the bindings/ folder the generated code is in src/auto/.
To generate the bindings yourself you need
make bindings in Unix or the equivalent build command in Windows.