The python-ilorest-library is a python library built for interacting with the Redfish API remotely to any BMC that implements a Redfish API or any HPE system locally. The library also supports HPE's legacy REST API. Go to the library documentation for more details.
HPE RESTful API for iLO is a RESTful application programming interface for the management of iLO and iLO Chassis Manager based HPE servers. REST (Representational State Transfer) is a web based software architectural style consisting of a set of constraints that focuses on a system's resources. iLO REST library performs the basic HTTP operations GET, POST, PUT, PATCH and DELETE on resources using the HATEOAS (Hypermedia as the Engine of Application State) REST architecture. The API allows the clients to manage and interact with iLO through a fixed URL and several URIs. Go to the API documentation for more details.
pip install python-ilorest-library
Building from zip file source
python setup.py sdist --formats=zip (this will produce a .zip file) cd dist pip install python-ilorest-library-x.x.x.zip
Including socks support (Version 2.5 or greater)
pip install python-ilorest-library[socks]
python setup.py sdist --formats=zip (this will produce a .zip file) cd dist pip install python-ilorest-library-x.x.x.zip[socks]
No special requirements.
To enable support for inband communications, you must download the DLL/SO for your system. By downloading, you agree to the terms and conditions of the Hewlett Packard Enterprise Software License Agreement.
It must be placed in your working environment path.
Windows Download: ilorest_chif.dll
Linux Download: ilorest_chif.so
See the documentation at https://hewlettpackard.github.io/python-ilorest-library/
- Fork it!
- Create your feature branch: git checkout -b my-new-feature
- Commit your changes: git commit -am 'Add some feature'
- Push to the branch: git push origin my-new-feature
- Submit a pull request :D
- 04/01/2016: Initial Commit
- 06/23/2016: Release of v1.1.0
- 07/25/2016: Release of v1.2.0
- 08/02/2016: Release of v1.3.0
- 09/06/2016: Release of v1.4.0
- 11/04/2016: Release of v1.5.0
- 12/06/2016: Release of v1.6.0
- 01/17/2017: Release of v1.7.0
- 02/01/2017: Release of v1.8.0
- 03/22/2017: Release of v1.9.0
- 04/12/2017: Release of v1.9.1
- 07/17/2017: Release of v2.0.0
- 10/30/2017: Release of v2.1.0
- 02/20/2018: Release of v2.2.0
- 06/11/2018: Release of v2.3.0
- 07/02/2018: Release of v2.3.1
- 03/25/2019: Release of v2.4.1
- 05/09/2019: Release of v2.4.2
- 07/05/2019: Release of v2.5.0
- 07/11/2019: Release of v2.5.1
- 08/13/2019: Release of v2.5.2
- 11/13/2019: Release of v3.0.0
- 10/05/2020: Release of v3.1.0
Copyright 2016-2020 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development LP Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.