What is TagMo?
TagMo is an Android app which allows for cloning Amiibos using blank NTAG215 NFC tags. It was created as a result of the "DIY Amiibo cards" thread and all the collaboration that took place in it.
- Write dump files from legitimate Amiibos into an NTAG215 tag in a way that WiiU/3DS/switch devices will consider to be a legitimate Amiibo with the same functionality.
- Save data of a tag to a file and restore it to the same or different Amiibo/Clone provided they are of the same character/game/series.
- Beta feature: Edit some parameters of a SSB type amiibo allowing you to change special effects, stats etc.
- Only NTAG215 tags can be used to clone Amiibos. no other type (eg: NTAG216/NTAG213) are supported.
- You will require the key files used in the Amiibo encryption. Please don't PM me about them as I am unable to share them. The thread linked above may help you find them.
- Once you write an NFC tag, it is effectively permanent. If we rewrite the NFC tag, it will no longer be recognized as an Amiibo.
- This means that this method can not replace Amiiqo or other Amiibo emulator devices
- Only android phones are supported.
- Amiibo Key Files. (See limitations/Don't ask me for these)
- Some blank NTAG 215 tags (Ebay/Aliexpress)
- Android phone with NFC (Tested on Nexus 5 running Android Lollipop)
- Amiibo dumps or real Amiibos which you can copy. (Don't ask me for these)
- Install the app on the phone as usual.
- Make sure NFC is enabled.
- If this is the first time you run the app. Use the Menu->Load key(s) file to load the key file(s)
- Use "load tag" to load an amiibo dump file or "scan tag" to scan an Amiibo.
- Use "Write Tag (Auto)" and place the phone over a blank NTAG215 tag to write the data and create a Amiibo out of it.
Saving Amiibo data to file
- Click "Scan Tag" to scan the amiibo.
- Click "Save Tag" to save data to a file. (A file name will be generated based on the tag details and saved to the download folder.)
Editing Super Smash Bros (SSB) data
- Click "Scan Tag" to scan a amiibo. Make sure that the amiibo was once used in Super Smash Bros before.
- Click "Edit SSB Data" to edit properties related to SSB. Using this on non SSB amiibo will corrupt its saved data. requiring you to restore it from a save file (if you have one) or to reset it. It is recommended you backup the amiibo data using the steps above before trying this out.
This app is a result of work by many others. Thanks go out to (In alphabetical order):
- _Tim_ - The originial idea
- 1RedOne - support/readme
- azsde - Bug fixes/maintenance
- Bombastisch - support and motivation
- FinalDoom - Bug fixes/maintenance
- H3llK33p3r - Images for browser and main screen.
- javiMaD - Encryption algo help
- Kidel - Bug Fixes
- N3evin - AmiiboAPI data
- North101 - File browser, Extended amiibo info, QR Code, general cleanup
- masterchan-777 - Bug fixes/maintenance
- possi - Wolf link editor
- socram8888 - Decryotion encryption code
- Supercool330 - Encryption algo help
- Others who preferred to remain anonymous.
- Many more who helped in testing.