SparkNG MATLAB realtime/interactive tools for speech science research and education
MATLAB-based GUI application with realtime audio input/output.
 Kawahara, Hideki. "SparkNG: Interactive MATLAB Tools for Introduction to Speech Production, Perception and Processing Fundamentals and Application of the Aliasing-Free LF Model Component." In INTERSPEECH, pp. 1180-1181. 2016.
How to install
Set MATLAB path to "src," "GUI," "test," and "example" directories.
GUI applications are in "GUI" directory.
- Realtime FFT analyzer with an interactive spectrogram with a time-frequency region playback.
- Realtime spectrogram display including several auditory frequency axes
- Realtime display of vocal tract area function using LPC-based method.
- Speech production simulator which allows intereactive manipulation of the vocal tract area function, resonance frequencies and bandwidths, and glottal source wave parameters.
- Realtime display of fo, event, 1/3 octave levels, waveform and other parameters. This is a sample code.
- Realtime visualization of wavelet analysis results; phase, amplitude, instantaneous frequency, and group delay.
MATLAB core functions are in "src" directory.
Test scripts are in "test" directory.
This repository is a new start of SparkNG on Git. The remote directory was created on 12/Oct./2017.
- MacBook Pro 13", late 2018
- MATLAB R2018b, signalprocessing toolbox
- Windows 10
- MATLAB R2018a, signalprocessing toolbox