Caveat This is an experimental project, only for the purpose of practice and testing, its code is heavily stolen from OpenELEC
HoloVisi - Digital home, Open source, for Everyone
HoloVisi （中文名：和乐维视）= 嵌入式Linux + XBMC + 核心组件
- Testing snapshot
- HoloVisi is released under GPLv2. Please refer to the "licenses" folder and source code for clarification on upstream licensing.
- Since HoloVisi includes code from many up stream projects it includes many copyright owners. HoloVisi makes NO claim of copyright on any upstream code. However all HoloVisi authored code is copyright holovisi.com. For a complete copyright list checkout the source code to examine the headers. Unless expressly stated otherwise all code submitted DIRECTLY to the HoloVisi project (in any form) is licensed under GPLv2 and the Copyright is donated to holovisi.com. This allows the project to stay manageable in the long term by giving us the freedom to maintain the code as part of the whole without the management overhead of preserving contact with every submitter ever e.g. move to GPLv3. You are absolutely free to retain copyright. To retain copyright simply add a copyright header to every submitted code page. If you are submitting code that is not your own work it is the submitters responsibility to place a header stating the copyright.
- XBMC HTPC software – View/Manage all your media.
- Samba server – File transfer from any PC client
- SSH server – Remote console access for debugging
- IR/Bluetooth Remote Control
- SSH login details are user: “root” password: “holovisi”. SSH allows command line access to your holovisi.com machine for configuration and file transfer. Linux/Mac clients can natively use SSH, while Windows users might want to try PuTTY for their terminal access. Starting with HoloVisi 2.0, SSH is disabled by default but all that is needed is an empty “ssh_enable” file to exist in /storage/.config to enable it.
- $HOME is mounted on /storage (the second ext4 partition on the drive). All data transfered to the machine will go here, the rest of the system is read-only with the exception of /var (containing runtime configuration data).
- Manual update/downgrade procedure is as follows: Extract the snapshot and navigate to the 'target' directory. Copy KERNEL and SYSTEM along with KERNEL.md5 and SYSTEM.md5 to the 'Update' network share (or /storage/.update) on your holovisi machine. Your system will automatically upgrade during the next reboot.
- Automatic mounting of filesystems is supported. Devices such as USB Flash sticks can be plugged into a running machine and will be mounted to /media, showing up in xbmc’s GUI.
- Comments and questions are more than welcome, help is even better and patches are absolutely perfect!!
- Forums on http://holovisi.com