This Homebrew tap provides formulæ to install Python libraries with external dependencies that
pip doesn't know how to handle, including the scientific Python stack (numpy, scipy, and matplotlib).
We aim to provide precompiled bottles where we can.
Please send us a pull request if you don't see your favorite!
How do I install these formulæ?
brew install homebrew/python/<formula>
brew tap homebrew/python and then
brew install <formula>.
Homebrew Python modules install to whichever Python is first in the
PATH. Our formulas are tested against Homebrew Python as well as the Python that came with your Mac.
Formulæ are installed with Python 2 support by default. For simultaneous Python 3 support, use
brew install <formula> --with-python3. If you don't need Python 2.x support at all, you can pass
How to submit a new formula
- Fork this repository on GitHub.
- Clone to your Mac.
- Read Python for Formula Authors and look at the other formulæ here.
- In your locally cloned
homebrew-pythonrepo, create a new branch:
git checkout --branch my_new_formula
- Write/edit your formula (ruby file). Check Homebrew's documentation for details.
- Test it locally!
brew install ./my-new-formula.rb. Does it install? Note,
./<formula>.rbwill target the local file.
git push --set-upstream origin my-new-formulato get it into your GitHub fork as a new branch.
- If you have to change something, add a commit and
- On GitHub, select your new branch and then click the "Pull Request" button.