These formulae provide multiple versions of existing packages, or newer versions of packages that are too incompatible to go in Homebrew/homebrew yet (Such as GnuPG21).
How do I install these formulae?
brew tap homebrew/versions and then
brew install <formula>.
If the formula conflicts with one from Homebrew/homebrew or another tap, you can
brew install homebrew/versions/<formula>.
You can also install via URL:
brew install https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/homebrew-versions/master/<formula>.rb
You can read Homebrew’s Acceptable Formulae document here. There are some differences between Homebrew/homebrew and here:
- Versions formulae usually do not have head or devel sections.
- Versions formulae can depend on other versions formulae.
- Please remove any existing bottle block in your formula prior to submission.
- If copied from Homebrew/homebrew prior formulae please remove any deprecated options and fix any issues raised by
brew audit --strict.
- If a newer/older version exists in Homebrew/homebrew please add a
conflicts_withline, like this.
First, please run
brew update and
Second, read the Troubleshooting Checklist.
If you don’t read these it will take us far longer to help you with your problem.
man brew or check our documentation.
Code is under the BSD 2 Clause (NetBSD) license.