What is RaySession ?
RaySession is a GNU/Linux session manager for audio programs such as Ardour, Carla, QTractor, Guitarix, Patroneo etc...
The principle is to load together audio programs, then be able to save or close all documents together.
It communicates with programs using the NSM API, so programs compatible with NSM are also compatible with RaySession.
RaySession has no vocation to become the hegemonic audio session manager under GNU/Linux, it's simply the best one according to its author's criteria.
it benefits from a complete manual as well as a splendid web site .
An integrated client can save and restore JACK connections.
Except this, RaySession doesn't deals with JACK, the recommended user behavior is to use it when JACK is already started.
- Factory templates for NSM and LASH compatible applications
- Possibility to save any client as template
- Save session as template
- Remember if client was started or not
- Make a snapshot at each session save and allow to go backward in time (requires git)
- Make almost all actions and get several informations with the CLI named ray_control
- Script sessions and clients actions with shell scripts
- Remember and recall JACK configuration with the jack_config session scripts
- Having sub-sessions working through the network with the "Network Session" template
- Bookmark the current session folder in your file manager and file pickers (gtk, kde, qt, fltk)
- Remember the virtual desktop of the programs (requires wmctrl)
- Abort session allmost anytime
- Possibility to KILL client if clean exit is too long
- Restore or remove definitely a client in the trash
- Open Session Folder button (open default file manager)
You can see documentation on NSM at: http://non.tuxfamily.org/wiki/Non%20Session%20Manager or https://linuxaudio.github.io/new-session-manager/api/index.html
RaySession is being developed by Mathieu Picot (houston4444), using Python3 and Qt5.