Below addresses common license concerns. We make every effort to explicitly state what is authorized versus what is not authorized. There are, however, things that we inevitably miss. If you're use case is not explicitly covered in our terms, please contact HC Simulations, LLC via their customer support page. In general, HumMod is freely usable for personal, educational, and research purposes without modification of source, excluding XML descriptions, which are licensed under GPL 2.0. Any commercialization or modification beyond what is previously approved requires approval from HC Simulations, LLC and possible sublicense.
Who owns HumMod?
The University of Missippi Medical Center (UMMC) is the copyright holder of HumMod and its derivatives. UMMC exclusively licenses HumMod to HC Simulations, LLC.
What is the license?
XML descriptions are licensed under GPL 2.0. All other products, source, or derivatives thereof require the explicit license from HC Simulations, LLC for modification, integration, commercialization, and any works not listed. The executables included in downloads are intended for personal and educational use. These downloads are free distributable with the XML; however, any modification, commercializations, etc. require sublicense through HC Simulations, LLC. For license inquiries, please contact HC Simulations, LLC through the HumMod support site at https://hummod.uservoice.com/.
Who do I contact about licensing HumMod for use in a project?
HC Simulations, LLC is the exclusive licensee of HumMod. To inquire about sublicense, please contact HC Simulations, LLC through their customer support page.
Things you can do:
- Use HumMod for personal education and experiments
- Use HumMod for research, including validation and subsequent publication
- Use HumMod to modify education in the classroom, e.g. lab exercises
- Modify the XML for personal, educational, or research purposes
- Sublicense from HC Simulations, LLC
Things you can't do:
- Have access to source without prior, signed written approval from HC Simulations, LLC
- Modify or reverse engineer HumMod or derivatives thereof
- Commercialize HumMod or derivatives thereof without prior, signed written approval from HC Simulations, LLC
- Utilize HumMod or derivatives thereof for any purpose other than explicitly approved without prior, signed written approval from HC Simulations, LLC