A selection of articles discussing topicss strictly related to HumanOps. For submissions, fork and add your link here, then issue a pull request.
- How and why we use DevOps Checklists
- How we handle on call schedules
- What’s in your on call playbook?
- How to write an incident postmortem
- Server Monitoring Alerts: War Stories from the Ops Trenches
- 7 Ways Sleep Affects Your Work
- Worker, Interrupted: The Cost of Task Switching
- Multitasking in the Digital Age Synthesis Lectures on Human-Centered Informatics
- Well-being in tech – Who really cares?
- Communication: Who is to blame for misunderstandings?
- Social Skills for DevOps: Whose responsibility?
- How to Work an On Call Job and Keep Your Sanity
- Opsweekly: Measuring on-call experience with alert classification
- The Real Reason Technology Destroys Your Attention Span
- Dealing with Anxiety in Operations (slide deck)
- Fixing On-call, or How to Sleep Through the Night
- [The Cloud Book - The Practice of Cloud System Administration: Designing and Operating Large Distributed Systems, Volume 2, Part II Operations: Running It] (http://my.safaribooksonline.com/9780133478549/part02_html)
- John Allspaw's blog on Human Factors