Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.
Cannot retrieve contributors at this time
The HumanOps Mantra
- Humans build and fix systems.
- Humans get tired and stressed, they feel happy and sad.
- Systems don't have feelings yet. They only have SLAs.
- Humans need to switch off and on again.
- The wellbeing of human operators impacts the reliability of systems.
- Alert Fatigue == Human Fatigue
- Automate as much as possible, escalate to a human as a last resort.
- Document everything. Train everyone. Save time.
- Kill the blame/shame game.
- Human issues are system issues.
- Human health impacts business health.
- Humans > systems; humans should control the systems, not the other way around
Press h to open a hovercard with more details.