WIP version 2.0.0:
- Add support for hypothetical partitioning, for pg10+ (Hosoya Yuzuko, Julien Rouhaud)
- Use a dedicated MemoryContext to store hypothetical objects
- Call previous explain_get_index_name_hook if it was setup - add hypopg_reset_index() SQL function
2018-05-30 version 1.1.2:
- Add support for INCLUDE on hypothetical indexes (pg11+) - Add support for parallel hypothetical index scan (pg11+)
- Fix support for pg11, thanks to Christoph Berg for the report
2018-03-20 version 1.1.1:
- Fix potentially uninitialized variables, thanks to Jeremy Finzel for the report. - Support hypothetical indexes on materialized view, thanks to Andrew Kane for the report.
- add support for PostgreSQL 11
2017-10-04 version 1.1.0:
- add support for hypothetical indexes on expression - add a hypopg_get_indexdef() function to get definition of a stored hypothetical index
- don't allow hypothetical unique or multi-column index if the AM doesn't support it - disallow hypothetical indexes on system columns (except OID) - fix indexes using DESC clause and default NULLS ordering, thanks to Andrew Kane for the report and test case. - fix PostgreSQL 9.6+ support, thanks to Rob Stolarz for the report
- add support for PostgreSQL 10
2016-10-24 version 1.0.0:
- fix memory leak in hypopg() function
2016-07-07 version 0.0.5:
- add support for PostgreSQL 9.6, thanks to Konstantin Mosolov for fixing some issues
- add support from new bloom access method (9.6+)
- fix issue with hypothetical indexes on expression (thanks to Konstantin Mosolov)
- fix possible crash in hypothetical index size estimation
2015-11-06 version 0.0.4:
- remove the simplified "hypopg_add_index()" function
- free memory when hypothetical index creation fails
- check that number of column is suitable for a real index
- for btree indexes, check that the estimated average row size is small enough to allow a real index creation.
- handle BRIN indexes.
- handle index storage parameters for supported index methods.
- handle index on predicate.
- safer handling of locks.
2015-08-08 version 0.0.3:
- fix a bug when a regular query could fail after a hypothetical index have been created, and tested with explain.
- hypopg_create_index() and hypopg_add_index() now returns the oid and index names.
- add hypopg.enabled GUC. It allows disabling HypoPG globally or in a single backend. Thanks to Ronan Dunklau for the patch.
2015-07-08 version 0.0.2:
- fix crash when building hypothetical index on expression, thanks to Thom Brown for the report.
2015-06-24 version 0.0.1:
- First version of HypoPG.