This Git repository hosts tools that are part of the IBM Equal Access Toolkit and supporting components.
This README covers topics for developers. For non-developer usage, see the following instruction for individual tools:
- accessibility-checker-extension for Chrome : web browser extensions that adds automated accessibility checking capabilities to Chrome and other browser that support the Chromium web-extension API
- accessibility-checker-extension for Firefox : web browser extensions that adds automated accessibility checking capabilities to Firefox
- accessibility-checker: automated accessibility testing for Node-based test environments
- karma-accessibility-checker: automated accessibility testing for the Karma environment
$ git clone --branch=master https://github.com/IBMa/equal-access.git $ cd equal-access
or with SSH
$ git clone --branch=master email@example.com:IBMa/equal-access.git $ cd equal-access
Under the equal-access directory
Now you can select the tool you want to use and follow the README.MD instructions
What's in this repository?
Please review the README.md of each tool/components for more information
Tools (description above):
- accessibility-checker-extension: A web browser extensions that adds automated accessibility checking capabilities
- accessibility-checker: Automated accessibility testing for Node-based test environments
- karma-accessibility-checker: Automated accessibility testing for the Karma environment
- accessibility-checker-engine: accessibility rules and evaluation engine used by
- rule-server: deploys the rules and engine for usage by the tools
You can build all the tools from the root directory or build each individual tool separately.
Build all the tools from root directory
cd to equal-access if you are not already in the directory, then run:
$ npm install $ npm run build
The following libraries or tools are built by running the above commands
- In the equal-access/accessibility-checker-engine/dist directory
- In the equal-access/accessibility-checker/package directory
- java script source that can be installed or deployed as npm package that works with an HTML parsing engines such as Selenium, Puppeteer, or Zombie to allow developers to perform integrated accessibility testing within a continuous integration pipeline such as Travis CI. Please view more details.
- In the equal-access/karma-accessibility-checker/package directory
Build each individual tool separately
Please check README for each individual tool for its build instruction: