YUView is a QT based, cross-platform YUV player with an advanced analytic toolset.
|Master branch||Development branch|
At its core, YUView is a YUV player and analysis tool. However, it can do so much more:
- simple navigation/zooming in the video
- support for a wide variety of YUV formats using various subsamplings and bit depts
- support for raw RGB files, image files and image sequences
- direct decoding of raw h.265/HEVC bitstreams with visualization of internals like prediction modes and motion vectors and many more
- interface with visualization for the reference software decoders HM and JEM
- support for opening almost any file using FFmpeg
- image comparison using side-by-side and comparison view
- calculation and display of differences (in YUV or RGB colorspace)
- save and load playlists
- overlay the video with statistics data
- ... and many more
Screenshot of YUView:
You can download precompiled binaries for Windows and MAC from our release site or here:
If none of these apply to you, you can easily build YUView yourself.
Compiling YUView from source is easy! We use qmake for the project so on all supported platforms you just have to install qt and run
make to build YUView. Alternatively, you can use the QTCreator if you prefer a GUI. More help on building YUView can be found in the wiki.