Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
What? Why? Who?
What is the Media Player?
Open Media Player is an online audio and video player that is hosted as a service. It utilises multimedia data from one or more places, creates a player, and then allows the player to be easily embedded in one or more sites.
Why would I choose it?
The Player is the right choice for you if:
- You want a media player that is straightforward to install and configure;
- You want a player that aspires to the highest levels of accessibility and usability;
- You want to isolate the player itself from where it is embedded, allowing you to scale its use across multiple web sites, and simplifying upgrades – install once, upgrade once, embed many;
- You want a media player that is built on credible and authentic open-source foundations;
- You want a player that you can theme, brand and extend.
Who is it for?
The Player is aimed at web designers, developers and content producers, who want to ...
- Use a player that supports a variety of file types such as ;....
- Customise a player that will suit their needs and develop their programming skill;
Next: Features →