Snowstorm is a SNOMED CT terminology server built on top of Elasticsearch, with a focus on performance and enterprise scalability.
Snowstorm provides the API for the SNOMED International Browser including the International Edition all Extensions.
Snowstorm can be used in local implementations to query SNOMED CT with the following features:
- Hosting multiple extensions alongside the International Edition of SNOMED CT
- Multi-lingual search and content retrieval
- Fully ECL v1.3 compliant
- Full history (depending on initial RF2 import decision)
- Read-only FHIR API
Tested and being used by SNOMED International to author and maintain the International Edition of SNOMED CT.
Testing is in progress for the authoring of SNOMED Extensions.
Please add any issues or any questions in the GitHub issues page.
- Getting Started (plain installation)
- Loading SNOMED
- Using the API
- Using the FHIR API
- Loading & updating SNOMED CT with local Extensions or Editions
- Configuration Guide
- Elasticsearch Index Mapping Changes
- Docker Quickstart
- Fork it!
- Create your feature branch:
git checkout -b my-new-feature
- Commit your changes:
git commit -am 'Add some feature'
- Push to the branch:
git push origin my-new-feature
- Submit a pull request
See the included LICENSE file for details.