The Turbosoft portal provides access to Geosoft's Turbosoft system (http://www.geosoft-earthcube.org/) by allowing you to browse, and add models to the repository.
- Java JDK 1.6+ (http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html)
- Maven 2/3 (http://maven.apache.org/)
- Tomcat 6+ (http://tomcat.apache.org/)
$ mvn clean install
- This will create a turbosoft-portal-[version].war file in portal/target
Move the war file to a Servlet container (Tomcat)
- $ mv /path/to/turbosoft-portal-.war /path/to/tomcat/webapps/turbosoft-portal.war
Setup users in /path/to/tomcat/conf/tomcat-users.xml
- Turbosoft users need to have the "TurbosoftUser" role
- $ /path/to/tomcat/bin/startup.sh
Login to http://[your-server-name]:8080/turbosoft-portal
After first Login, go to $HOME/.turbosoft directory and open portal.properties
- Check that the server name is set correctly
- (Optional) Change any other settings if needed
- I just finished my thesis, where do I put my software so it does not get lost?
- I am looking for a model for reaeration, how do I find one?
- I have my code on GitHub, what else do I need to do to help people find and use it?
- I found code for a model, does it work as advertised? Is it the best model/code I can use?
- I found code for a model, how do people usually visualize the results? Is there any software out there to put the data in the format the model uses?
- How do I track who uses my code? How do I get credit for this code?
- I found a model, how do I find data for the model to complement the data I have?
- I am writing a paper, how do I document my experiments, make it reproducible, etc
- My organization would like to have an inventory of its geosciences software
- I run a data center, what models/communities use my data