A simple RPi based video recorder.
- Add all possible camera (PiCam and USB cam) settings
- Take user input for these settings and once the settings are applied, a preview should be saved. When everything is done, recording starts.
- When recording ends then ask the user if any intro/watermark needs to be added.
- Pi should act as an AP and should run a web service in which we'll have camera settings, record/stop button and post.
- Design a 3D case.
- Power up the Pi, Pi should act like an AP to which user will connect.
- User will either connect to a port (using nc) or just go to the webpage. If the user decides to connect to a port then
scribe.pyfile will be executed.
scribe.pyis like the simplest shell. User can setup camera settings and once the user apply those settings then the program should take a picture for a preview.
- The program should also ask user if they want to add intro/outro or any annoations.
- After the recording is done. Then the post processing should start.
PiCam and USB webcam
Working with PiCam is easy but working with USB webcams is not. We do not want a bloated library like OpenCV just to record a video. You can use UVC python wrapper for that.
- Work in a vitualenv and try to work in python3.