Deploy IOHanalyzer through ShinyProxy and docker
This example is similar to the example 'standalone ShinyProxy with a docker engine', with one exception: ShinyProxy runs in a container itself, in the same container manager (i.e. docker engine) that also hosts the containers for the users' Shiny apps.
The only requirement is a working docker system. Please consult the docker official documentation to see how to install docker on your server platform: https://docs.docker.com/install/
How to deploy IOHanalyzer over the server
- On the server you would like to deploy IOHanalyzer, please download or clone this repository:
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:IOHprofiler/IOHanalyzer-docker.git
- enter the folder
- Create a docker network that ShinyProxy will use to communicate with the Shiny containers.
sudo docker network create ioh-net
- Run the following command to build the ShinyProxy image:
sudo docker build . -t iohanalyzer
- Run the following command to launch the ShinyProxy container:
sudo docker run -d -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock --net ioh-net -p 80:8080 iohanalyzer
Notes on the configuration
- ShinyProxy will listen for HTTP traffic on port
8080while it will be rediect to
80by the container.
- The custom bridge network
ioh-netis needed to allow the containers to access each other using the container ID as hostname.