Note: There is a stability issue in 4.15 and we recommend waiting for 4.15.1 for any production environments. 4.15.1 will also contain fixes for issue #5972, which provides better filtering and sorting for file tags that have spaces.
Note: PostgreSQL 9.6 is required. Previous versions of PostgreSQL do not support ALTER TABLE ADD COLUMN IF NOT EXISTS which is used in an upgrade script. Newer versions of PostgreSQL such as version 10 have not been tested.
This release adds the ability to filter and sort the files in a dataset, better recognition and categorization of file types, accessibility enhancements, and a new API to load language packs in support of internationalization.
For the complete list of issues, see the 4.15 milestone in Github.
If this is a new installation, please see our Installation Guide.
- In an effort to prevent accidental duplicate accounts, user spoofing, or other username-based confusion, this release introduces a database constraint that no longer allows usernames that are exactly the same but use different capitalization, e.g. Bob11 vs. bob11. You may need to do some cleanup before upgrading to deal with existing usernames like this.
To check whether you have any usernames like this that need cleaning up, run the case insensitive duplicate queries from our Useful Queries doc.
Once you identify the usernames that need cleaning up, you should use either Merge User Accounts (if it’s the same person) or Change User Identifier (if they are different people). After the cleanup you can safely upgrade without issue.
- Undeploy the previous version.
- <glassfish install path>/glassfish4/bin/asadmin list-applications
- <glassfish install path>/glassfish4/bin/asadmin undeploy dataverse
- Stop glassfish and remove the generated directory, start
- service glassfish stop
- remove the generated directory: rm -rf <glassfish install path>glassfish4/glassfish/domains/domain1/generated
- service glassfish start
- A new version of file type detection software, Jhove, is added in this release. It requires an update of its configuration file: jhove.conf. Download the new configuration file from the Dataverse release page on GitHub, or from the source tree at https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IQSS/dataverse/master/conf/jhove/jhove.conf , and place it in <GLASSFISH_DOMAIN_DIRECTORY>/config/. For example: /usr/local/glassfish4/glassfish/domains/domain1/config/jhove.conf.
Important: If your Glassfish installation directory is different from /usr/local/glassfish4, make sure to edit the header of the config file, to reflect the correct location.
- Deploy this version.
- <glassfish install path>/glassfish4/bin/asadmin deploy <path>dataverse-4.15.war
Replace Solr schema.xml to allow sorting and filtering on the file page
-stop solr instance (service solr stop, depending on solr installation/OS, see http://guides.dataverse.org/en/4.15/installation/prerequisites.html#solr-init-script)
cp /tmp/dvinstall/schema.xml /usr/local/solr/solr-7.3.1/server/solr/collection1/conf cp /tmp/dvinstall/solrconfig.xml /usr/local/solr/solr-7.3.1/server/solr/collection1/conf
-start solr instance (service solr start, depending on solr/OS)
- Kick off in place reindex
curl -X DELETE http://localhost:8080/api/admin/index/timestamps curl http://localhost:8080/api/admin/index/continue
- Redetect file types using the new Redetect File Types API: