Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
This release is focused on ingest upgrades, new import APIs, and infrastructure upgrades.
Stata 14, Stata 15, and .tsv files will now be ingested by Dataverse. New APIs will allow datasets with existing DOIs to be imported into Dataverse. Bootstrap and Primefaces, which power the Dataverse front end, have been updated.
For the complete list of issues, see the 4.9.2 milestone in Github.
For help with upgrading, installing, or general questions please email email@example.com.
If this is a new installation, please see our Installation Guide.
- Undeploy the previous version.
- <glassfish install path>/glassfish4/bin/asadmin list-applications
- <glassfish install path>/glassfish4/bin/asadmin undeploy dataverse
- Stop glassfish and remove the generated directory, start
- service glassfish stop
- remove the generated directory: rm -rf <glassfish install path>glassfish4/glassfish/domains/domain1/generated
- service glassfish start
- Deploy this version.
- <glassfish install path>/glassfish4/bin/asadmin deploy <path>dataverse-4.9.2.war
- Run db update script
psql -U <db user> -d <db name> -f upgrade_v4.9.1_to_v4.9.2.sql
- Restart glassfish
If your Dataverse is configured to use R, you need to install one extra R library (haven); Dataverse is now using it to export tabular datafiles as RData. Install the package with the following R command (for example):
install.packages("haven", repos="https://cloud.r-project.org/", lib="/usr/lib64/R/library" )
If you are upgrading from v4.x, you must upgrade to each intermediate version before installing this version.