Tools for finding out information about users on GitHub. Currently there are two:
- GitHub Connections shows users who another user might know via a real-world relationship
- GitHub Lines of Code shows aggregate statistics about users' repositories
Click the links above to try demos.
You should authenticate with Github to raise API rate limits from 60/hr to 5000/hr. To do so, create a new application using the following values:
- Application name: GitHub Tools
- Homepage URL: your URL, e.g.
- Description: up to you, or just leave this blank
- Authorization callback URL: this isn't used so just pick something like
When you're done, you'll get a client ID and client secret. If you're setting
up your own instance of GitHub Tools, copy-paste those values into
Otherwise, change the URL of this page to include the values like this,
CLIENT_SECRET with your corresponding tokens:
You can automatically search for a user using the
user URL parameter. For
will automatically search for users similar to IceCreamYou.
GitHub's API rate limits constrain the possible kinds of analyses, so don't take the results with more seriousness than they deserve.
This project is MIT-licensed and contributions are welcome.