NG6-starter TodoMVC Example
This application is example of how you can write your angular applications using NG6-starter as your starting point. Currently this example provides you:
- Example of small-sized application
- UI components examples
- Service example which includes unit tests
- Unit tests for controllers of UI components
- Browser-driven end-to-end tests
But there is still some things that should be done:
- Improve test coverage
If you have some other ideas of how improve this example, or you have questions, please welcome to our issue tracker.
Official AngularJS website is good place to start, but it lacks of best practices and not provides you base concepts, which could simplify your life. There is some links that can help you better understand how to write maintainable applications using AngularJS.
- Angular Styleguide - This is basically angular best practices. There are some differences for ES2015 but the explanation of these practices remains the same.
- Optionated Angular Styleguide - this is an extended version of angular styleguide, which covers additional information relevant to dev teams.
- The Top 5 Mistakes AngularJS Developers Make - This is a great series of posts describing in depth the common mistakes and how to not make them.
- AngularJS: The Bad Parts - To not fall into a trap, developers always should know the problems of tools they are using. With this knowledge in mind, you will write more maintainable applications.
- You don't always need AngularJS DI in directives - This article will help you to make more reusable UI components.
- Exploring the Angular 1.5
- A Guide To Transclusion in AngularJS
If you have any others helpful links to share, or find any of the links above no longer work, please let us know.
The app uses Karma to run the unit tests, which you can find near the test target (
The app uses Protractor, an end-to-end test framework designed for AngularJS apps, to the end-to-end tests, which you can find in the
Setup development environment for running end-to-end tests
The app uses Protractor from the command line, so first please install it globally:
npm install -g protractor
It installs two command line tools,
webdriver-manager, and you can use the
command to verify the installation.
Next, download the necessary binaries for Selenium Server:
Finally, start Selenium Server:
It will start Selenium Server on port 4444.
Running end-to-end tests
First, start the Selenium Server, and keep it running:
Next, open another command prompt, and start the NG6-starter TodoMVC Example application, and keep it running:
Finally, open yet another command prompt, and execute the end-to-end tests:
npm run test:e2e
Enjoy the report :)