LibrePlan is a free software web application for project management, monitoring and control.
LibrePlan is a collaborative tool to plan, monitor and control projects and has a rich web interface which provides a desktop alike user experience. All the team members can take part in the planning and this makes possible to have a real-time planning.
It was designed thinking on a scenario where multiple projects and resources interact to carry out the work inside a company. Besides, it makes possible the communication with other company tools providing a wide set of web services to import and export data.
- Two type of resources: machines and workers.
- Flexible calendars easily reusable.
- Resource configuration based on skills and roles.
- Simple way to configure and estimate the work to plan. It is carried out through Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) .
- Different detail levels during the planning.
- Two ways to allocate resources:
- Specific allocation: Concrete individuals.
- Assisted generic allocation: Based on skills and roles fulfilled by the resources.
- Templates to reuse work. Projects can be created based on templates for repeatable tasks being able to save time.
- Automatic resource reallocation in order to minimize overload (overtime).
- Advanced allocation. Manual configuration of daily work hours on a task when automatic allocation does not suit your needs.
- Monte Carlo method. Statistical simulation to calculate the possibility to complete a project in a range of dates.
Projects control and monitoring:
- Company global analysis.
- Earned Value Management . Project management method to objectively measure progress and performance of a project.
- Planning quality management. It is possible to control quality of the tasks to be performed through forms.
- Projects cost analysis.
- Reported hours: worked hours are assigned to each task to track costs during the planning
- Progress measurement through different unit types.
LibrePlan provides support for companies that do outsourcing:
- Project tasks can be outsourced and sent to the LibrePlan installation of the supplier.
- You can receive progress notifications of the subcontractors to know how outsourced tasks are evolving .
- Materials. You can manage the materials that planned tasks need to be carried out.
- Complete users system with permissions, LDAP authentication, etc.
JRE 6 - Java Runtime Environment
Project depends on Java 6 and JRE is needed in order to run it
PostgreSQL - Object-relational SQL database
A database server is needed. You could use PostgreSQL or MySQL as you prefer.
Tomcat 6 - Servlet and JSP engine
Server to deploy the application. You could use Jetty instead.
JDBC Driver - Java database (JDBC) driver for PostgreSQL
To connect application with PostgreSQL database in Tomcat
CutyCapt - Utility to capture WebKit's rendering of a web page
Required for printing
Xvfb - Virtual Framebuffer 'fake' X server
Used by CutyCapt for printing
See INSTALL file for installation instructions.
See HACKING file for compilation requirements and instructions.
The cutting-edge version of this project is always available from the Git repository at https://github.com/Igalia/libreplan.
Released versions are available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/libreplan/files/.
You can find more information about LibrePlan at http://www.libreplan.com/.
For information related with LibrePlan development you can visit the wiki at http://wiki.libreplan.org/.
Please use the bug tracker to report bugs at http://bugs.libreplan.org/.
LibrePlan is released under the terms of the GNU Affero General Public License version 3 .
Please read the COPYING file for details.
This project was initially sponsored by Fundación para o Fomento da Calidade Industrial e o Desenvolvemento Tecnolóxico de Galicia .
Please see AUTHORS file for more information about the authors.